Five Thing Friday is a round-up of -- you guessed it -- five things we saw on the Internet this week and liked enough to share with our readers. Topics aren't necessarily direct marketing related, but that's because at Universal Wilde, we're multi-faceted people. Read, enjoy, and above all, have a great weekend.
- Cyber Monday Sales Soar 17% - Seriously, $1.46 billion dollars spent on one day? That's an incredible display of what the phrase "season of giving" means.
- Electrician Facing Foreclosure Collects $1M Powerball Prize: Happy to hear that one of the prizes is going to someone who needs it. Also, a rumor is going around that one of the winners of the jackpot is a US military member. That would be equally awesome. Congratulations to the winners!
- Future NHL Stars Take Over AHL: It's about time the AHL got some love! This is where so many NHL stars got their start, and it's nice to see the athletes still playing on US soil. Tyler Seguin, I'm looking at you.
- Would You Write a Random Stranger a Love Letter?: Attending a TED conference is top 10 of my bucket list, and this presentation sold me even further on TED conferences. Upworthy is an awesome site as well - expect to lose hours of your life surfing their many, many links.
- Chasing Ice: If we documented climate change through film, would it become the best weapon in preventing it? This is a great read and an equally great movie trailer.